Malaysia Oversight

Second post-mortem begins for UTM Palapes cadet Syamsul Haris

By theStar in August 30, 2025 – Reading time 2 minute
Second post-mortem begins for UTM Palapes cadet Syamsul Haris



3495207

KUALA LUMPUR: The second post-mortem on Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) Reserve Officers’ Training Unit (Palapes) cadet Syamsul Haris Shamsudin began at 9 am today under the supervision of a special forensic team.

Family lawyer Datuk Naran Singh said three forensic specialists are conducting the procedure.

“Also expected to be present is Datuk Seri Dr Bhupinder Singh, who will observe the process on behalf of the family,” he told reporters at Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL) on Saturday (Aug 30).

Naran said the autopsy might take time, especially if there are external injuries requiring further examination.

“The full results of the post-mortem will only be disclosed once the procedure is completed,” he added.

He confirmed that burial arrangements for the deceased would be carried out immediately after the post-mortem.

“The burial is expected to take place later this afternoon or evening, once the procedure concludes,” he said.

On Tuesday (Aug 26), the Shah Alam High Court ordered that the remains of Syamsul Haris be exhumed as soon as possible.

He was buried at Kampung Rinching Ulu Muslim Cemetery in Semenyih after passing away on July 28 at Kota Tinggi Hospital, a day after training at the Army Combat Training Centre (Pulada) in Ulu Tiram.

Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail previously said the police would facilitate the exhumation of the grave to allow for a second post-mortem, following the court order.

“This is a serious process involving magistrates, medical teams, family members, police, doctors, and related agencies. The police’s role is to ensure that the court’s decision is carried out,” he said.

 

 



Source link