Malaysia Oversight

Sanusi rules out contesting Pas vice-president post

By NST in August 30, 2025 – Reading time 1 minute
Sanusi rules out contesting Pas vice-president post


ALOR STAR: Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Md Nor says he will not contest the vice-president post in the party’s September polls.

“I will only contest the central committee post,” he told reporters after a Merdeka Boat Parade here.

This is the third time has rejected nominations for the vice-president post. He also declined to elaborate on his reasons.

He was previously nominated in the 2023 and 2021 party elections. In 2023, was elected as a central committee member with the highest number of votes at 1,098.

Earlier this week, Sanusi, the election director, hinted that he would not be vying for the vice-president post, saying the three incumbents were doing a good job and should continue in their roles.

Previously, Sanusi was one of four candidates announced as eligible to contest the post, along with the three incumbents: Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Samsuri Mokhtar, Datuk Mohd Amar Nik Abdullah and Datuk Idris Ahmad.

© New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd



Source link