Malaysia Oversight

Sabah AG warns public against offensive posts about governor

By FMT in August 29, 2025 – Reading time 1 minute
Sabah AG warns public against offensive posts about governor


MUSA AMAN GAMBAR TERPALING BAIK AND MAKE SENSE
‘Offensive, defamatory, false and misleading’ social media posts have been circulated concerning Sabah governor Musa Aman, the Sabah attorney-general said. (File pic)
PETALING JAYA:

Sabah Attorney-General Brenndon Keith Soh has warned the public against sharing offensive, defamatory, false and misleading social media posts about Sabah governor Musa Aman.

In a statement today, he said his department had noted that “offensive, defamatory, false and misleading social media posts” had been circulated concerning the Yang Dipertua Negeri of Sabah.

“These posts contain information that is wholly baseless and inaccurate, and risks undermining public confidence and trust in the institution. While freedom of expression is recognised and protected under our Federal Constitution, it must be exercised responsibly,” he said.

Soh said the deliberate dissemination of such posts could be considered as serious criminal offences.

He said the institution of the head of state must be respected as a symbol of unity, continuity and sovereignty, and whose dignity and honour should be collectively protected.



Source link