Malaysia Oversight

Event organiser removes Tourism ministry's logos after unauthorised use controversy

By NST in December 27, 2025 – Reading time 2 minute
Event organiser removes Tourism ministry's logos after unauthorised use controversy


KUALA LUMPUR: The organiser of the Miss & Mister Celebrity International 2025 event has removed all logos linked to the Tourism, Arts and Culture Ministry and Tourism Malaysia from the programme.

The action was taken after it was discovered that the ministry’s logos had been used without authorisation, triggering controversy following the circulation of a video showing a man crossdressing during the event.

In a statement, the organiser apologised for the oversight and any misunderstanding arising from the incident.

“We take full responsibility for what has occurred,” the statement said.

The organiser said it respected and other religions, and expressed regret over the incident.

It said steps would be taken to tighten internal guidelines and boost cultural awareness of religious sensitivities to prevent a recurrence.

Earlier, the ministry and Tourism Malaysia were reported to be considering action against the organiser for the unauthorised use of their logos.

Tourism Malaysia’s Corporate Communications Division said action would be taken to safeguard intellectual property rights, brand integrity and the official corporate identity of the agencies.

The statement was issued by the event organiser after a video of a crossdressing man receiving an award at the event went viral.

The presence of official ministry and Tourism Malaysia logos at the event had led to negative public perception, with the agencies being linked to the event.

The incident sparked debate, particularly among Muslims, who claimed the event was contrary to religious teachings.

© New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd



Source link